NDA sets out key activities for Dounreay
December 11, 2012
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, which owns Dounreay and funds its clean-up, has published its draft business plan, setting out its priorities for decommissioning during the next three years.
The public body is consulting on the plan until February 1, before it presents a final version to Ministers at the UK and Scottish goverments in March.
Key activities at Dounreay in 2013-14 include:
- Demolition of the Dounreay Materials Test Reactor complex
- Strategy for particles management agreed with stakeholders
- Progress milestones towards completion of out of reactor breeder fuel shipments to Sellafield
- Letter of Compliance (LoC) received for silo intermediate level waste
- All necessary regulator authorisation permits or licences received for the new low level waste disposal facility.